I am well-versed in the design and implementation of real-time, cloud-based software systems capable of handling over one-hundred thousand concurrent users and providing four-nines reliability. I have experience writing and maintaining source-to-source transpilers. Most of these were against undocumented or loosely-specified language targets. I am skilled and interested in security-first software development, highly-regulated environments, and IS/IA frameworks. I am in love with Linux, X.509 and Public Key Infrastructures.
RIS is a certified-SDVOSB technology services company provided custom software, network modernization, and custom technology solutions to commercial and government customers.
- Developed a man-portable sensor module to pitch to USSOCOM
- Developed a Linux-based appliance for monitoring die-cast operations
Senior Engineer, Security Information Officer
Stanson Health is a clinical decision support and analytics company revolutionizing Healthcare IT.
- Fully-remote work relying on self-direction and professionalism
- Built out several transpilers targeting vendor-specific EMR features
- Member of the first five technical hires
Lootsie is a monetization platform helping independent game developers and advertisers find a happy compromise.
- Designed and developed the second-generation service architecture
- Created DevOps culture and support
- Managed a team of four
Buffalo Studios, LLC
Buffalo Studios was a highly successful Facebook game studio responsible for Bingo Blitz - the most successful bingo game of all time - and several other products. The company was acquired by Playtika in 2013 and later shuttered.
- 1/3rd of the Java team running the backend
- Implemented gameplay related features, monitoring and stress-testing tools
- Products had over 750,000 daily active users across Facebook and mobile platforms
Senior Game Programmer
Dire Wolf Digital is a world-class creator of original and licensed digital trading card games. They are responsible for such titles as the Pokémon TCG, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, and Mystic Warlords of Ka'a
- 1/3 of the scalability and core services team
- Handled deployment and administration across 150 AWS machines
- Built a DSL-to-application transpiler for designers
SE Intern, Junior Software Engineer, Software Engineer
Cole Engineering Services is a defense company providing modeling and simulation expertise to government customers.
- Worked with OneSAF extensions to use more advanced AI
- Enumerated an undocumented API in the USAF RealWorld game engine
- Provided game-development expertise to DARPA's EdgeP initiative
IMI Labs, LLC
IMI Labs was a virtual-world development company partnered with Sun Microsystems
- Built an in-house Java-3D game engine
- Implemented modern shader-based animation and other features
- Built a dynamic effect-composition system
- Lead a team of three
Full Sail University